- 150 gr almond powder
- 150 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr butter
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- 1 bean
- Preparation time: 15 min.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Make sur the butter is at room temperature
- Put 1 sheet of puff pastry in the baking tin and press it well. Pierce a few holes in the bottom.
- Cut out a circle from the 2nd sheet of puff pastry to the size of the baking tin and put it aside for a while
- Add the almond powder, sugar, butter and 3 eggs together and mix until smooth
- Pour the almond mixture onto the puff pastry and hide the bean inside
- Cover with the remaining sheet of puff pastry
- Make a hole in the middle of the puff pastry to let the steam escape
- Grease the puff pastry with egg yolk
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 ° and then bake for 20 min at 175 °
- For those who want a bit extra: add some rum to the almond mixture.
- You can finish off the top of the puff pastry nicely by making patterns in it. Or make nice stars from the remaining puff pastry to put on top.