Rum Raisin Ice Cream
IM 1252 Ice Cream Maker
- 3 egg yolks
- 300 ml unwhipped cream
- 115 g sugar
- 300 ml whole milk
- 50 gr sultanas
- 2 tsp rum extract
- Preparation time:15 min.
- Soak the sultanas in rum for at least 3 hours. Add just enough rum so that they are submerged.
- Whip the cream until stiff and set aside
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until slightly frothy
- Slowly add the milk, while whisking continuously
- Add 2 tsp rum extract and continue beating
- Mix the stiffly whipped cream into the mixture
- Put the mixture in the ice cream maker and let it mix for 45 minutes.
- Add the sultanas 5 minutes before the end.
- You can always add extra sultanas to taste.
- Attention : do not add the sultanas until the end of the mixing process so that they do not sink to the bottom