Preparation time: 15 min.
- Rinse the lentils well under cold water and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion until soft in 5 min. Add leeks, carrot, celery, bacon and bay leaves.
- Add the lentils. Pour the water over and slowly bring to the boil .
- Skim off, partially cover the pan and simmer the lentils for 45-50 minutes until tender.
- Remove the bacon from the soup and cut it into pieces.
- Add the bacon pieces, parsley and slices of Knack sausage to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the soup gently for 2-3 minutes, then remove the bay leaves.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve sprinkled with parsley.