Pea soup with ham
- FRITEL Hand Blender HB 2870 or HB 2879
- FRITEL Blender BL 3890
- 450 g (dried) split peas
- 4 slices of bacon, without rind
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 4 l cold water
- 2 bay leaves
- Pepper and salt
Preparation time:15 min.
- Soak the split peas in water overnight and rinse them. Afterwards, drain them well in a sieve.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the bacon again and add the water.
- Bring to the boil and add the split peas.
- Add the bay leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for 40-45 minutes under a closed lid.
- Blend the soup with the FRITEL Hand Blender.
- If necessary, season further with plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Fry extra bacon in pieces and keep it aside. You can then add these when serving.
- Want a super smooth creamy soup? Then put it in the FRITEL Blender BL 3890.