Spicy lentil soup
FRITEL Blender BL 3890
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 225 g red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 9 dl water
- 400 g coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Pepper and salt
- Cumin seeds to garnish
Preparation time:15 min.
- Put the onions, garlic, tomatoes, turmeric, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, lentils and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 min until the lentils are soft.
- Remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and mash up the mixture in a blender.
- Press the soup through a sieve and pour into a clean pan.
- Save a little coconut milk to garnish. Pour the rest into the pan along with the lime juice.
- Heat the soup without letting it boil.
- Garnish with the rest of the coconut milk and the cumin seeds.