Lentils soup with bacon
- 450 g bacon, diced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small turnip, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 75 g lentils
- 1 bouquet garni
- Pepper and salt
- Fresh parsley
Preparation time:15 min.
- Heat a large pan and add the bacon. Fry it for a few minutes.
- Add onion, turnip, celery, potato and carrot. Cook everything, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add lentil, bouquet garni and some pepper and as much water until everything is submerged.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour, or until lentils are soft.
- Pour the soup into bowls and serve garnished with parsley.