- Waffle maker FRITEL CW 2438
- Baking trays for Madeleines
For 16 madeleines:
- 75 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon
For the decoration:
- Powdered sugar
- Edible food coloring powder (e.g. `ScrapCooking`)
- Edible eyes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and let it cool. Wash the lemon thoroughly and grate the zest.
- Beat the eggs and sugar into a creamy mixture. Add the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Pour in the melted butter and add the lemon zest.
- Mix well again and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Switch on the Fritel CW Waffle Iron with the madeleine baking trays. This is on position 4.
- Pour the dough into the madeleine molds, using a piping bag.
- Bake for 4 minutes and the madeleins are ready.
- Let the madeleines cool.
- Mix the icing sugar, water and food coloring until it has the desired thickness and color.
- Dip the madeleins in the dye and finish with the eyes.
Watch the video!